Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 AM
"Joy Methew"

Default FUSE

hello all...
i wann a use sshfs for encryption......

yum install fuse-sshfs

rpm -qa fuse
fuse-2.7.0-6.fc6

rpm -qa fuse-sshfs
fuse-sshfs-1.7-2.fc6

sshfs root@192.168.1.4: /mnt/
root@192.168.1.4's password:
fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

Everything finished up but when I try to mount fuse
device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first." When I run that command I get
"FATEL: Module fuse not found." Is there something else I need to install?

Thanks

Old 07-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Ray Van Dolson

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:16:29PM -0700, Joy Methew wrote:
> hello all...
> i wann a use sshfs for encryption......
>
> yum install fuse-sshfs
>
> rpm -qa fuse
> fuse-2.7.0-6.fc6
>

> rpm -qa fuse-sshfs
> fuse-sshfs-1.7-2.fc6
>
> sshfs root@192.168.1.4: /mnt/
> root@192.168.1.4's password:
> fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first
>

> Everything finished up but when I try to mount fuse
> device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first." When I run that command I get
> "FATEL: Module fuse not found." Is there something else I need to install?

You might try (as root):

# /etc/init.d/fuse start

This should theoretically build the fuse module against your current
kernel at which point modprobe fuse should work (or the module will get
auto-loaded, I forget).

Ray

Old 07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
"Joy Methew"

# /etc/init.d/fuse start

it`s not working.....

Old 07-13-2008, 04:45 PM
"Mohd Irwan Jamaluddin"

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Joy Methew <ml4joy@gmail.com> wrote:
> # /etc/init.d/fuse start
>
> it`s not working.....

Just wonder,
1) What is your OS/kernel version?
2) How did you install the fuse?

I used to install fuse to work with ntfs-3g, it's so easy.
http://blog.irwan.name/?p=36

Mohd Irwan Jamaluddin
Web: http://www.irwan.name/
Blog: http://blog.irwan.name/

Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Dag Wieers

fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

Everything finished up but when I try to mount fuse
device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first." When I run that command I get
"FATEL: Module fuse not found." Is there something else I need to install?

Look at the non-ntfs part of the following article:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/NTFSPartitions

The trick is to install dkms-fuse, fuse and fuse-sshfs from RPMforge to
get resp. the fuse kernel module for your kernel, the fuse interface and
the fuse-sshfs filesystem.

PS If you succeed and you're interested to document your sshfs setup in
the CentOS wiki to help others, let me know.

--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --