Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM
"debu"

Default rebuild swap

Guys,
*
I created a new swap partion, partprobe
did mkswap,swapon, sync, entry to fstab, remounted the filesystem etc.

But still my programs are not writing to swap, why? Is a server boot necessary, essential rather??

I even did echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness to test the same. Still it doesnot write. Why? Any idea/exp??
~Debu

Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Andrew Bacchi

What is the output of 'free'? Maybe you're not using swap because you
have more than enough RAM to satisfy your programs. Here's my 'free'
output, it isn't using swap, because it has tons of unused RAM.

[root@afsdev ~]# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2074788 1283536 791252 0 250028 851592
-/+ buffers/cache: 181916 1892872
Swap: 2064376 0 2064376

--
veritatas simplex oratio est