Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Aldo Foot

Default Sendmail

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Adil Drissi <adil.drissi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully installed Mysql and PHP but I am unable to send email via php. Sendmail is already installed apparently. I want to know if there is a way to test email by sendmail command lines. Another thing is that how to configure sendmail because i'm just a regular customer of an internet provider. I know the provider's mail server parameters. Can sendmail be used with these parameters?
>
> Thank you

If I recall correctly, a valid SMTP server must be configured in the
submit.cf file. The 127.0.01 must change to whatever the server is.

# grep MTA /etc/mail/submit.cf
D{MTAHost}[127.0.0.1]

~af

Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
"Gregory P. Ennis"

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 01:45 -0800, Adil Drissi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully installed Mysql and PHP but I am unable to send email via php. Sendmail is already installed apparently. I want to know if there is a way to test email by sendmail command lines. Another thing is that how to configure sendmail because i'm just a regular customer of an internet provider. I know the provider's mail server parameters. Can sendmail be used with these parameters?
>
> Thank you

Adil,

In order to test an e-mail file all you have to do is use the following:

cat $desired_filename | sendmail -t

The file you create must have