Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Andrew Wood

Default Screen resolution

Thanks guys, xrandr gives:
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 4096 x 4096
VGA1 connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
0mm x 0mm

1024x768 60.0*
800x600 60.3 56.2
848x480 60.0
640x480 59.9
DVI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
TV1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

using the Ubuntu wiki instructions I then tried:

xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1440x900

and got:

xrandr: cannot find mode 1440x900