Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 AM
John Alfred Nathanael Chee

Default Screen Resolution

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 14:31, David J. Ellis <dr.ellis@physics.org> wrote:
> Anyone out there using an nVidia rev 96 who knows where I should start
> looking?

I haven't poked at my computer with an nvidia card in it in a while,
but last I heard xrandr isn't supported with the proprietary nvidia
driver. So I'd look at getting the latest proprietary driver installed
then start hacking xorg.conf.

Sorry I can't help more.

--
Love in Jesus Christ, John Alfred Nathanael Chee
http://www.biblegateway.com/

Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
David Collins

David,

I remember now that the nVidia display settings tool did not work when I installed Karmic - some bug I presume - so I simply copied the /etc/X11/xorg.conf from my old Jaunty install.* It all worked fine in Jaunty.

For what it's worth, you could copy stuff from my xorg.conf - but change the '1280x1024' to whatever the native resolution of your screen is.* (Just make a copy of your current xorg.conf before you start.)

David

# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings# nvidia-settings:* version 1.0* (buildd@palmer)* Sun Feb* 1 20:21:04 UTC 2009
Section "ServerLayout"*** Identifier**** "Default Layout"
*** Screen***** 0* "Screen0" 0 0EndSection