-   -   mdadm configuration file raid 5 created by Disk Manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/713482-mdadm-configuration-file-raid-5-created-disk-manager.html)

Bryan Hepworth 09-16-2013 07:08 PM

mdadm configuration file raid 5 created by Disk Manager

Hi All

Does anyone happen to know where the mdadm.conf files are located when
creating an array via Disk Manager? I have /etc/mdadm.conf.orig I've
looked in dracut, but can't track it down.

I've manually written the disks used and their position. Unfortunately I
need to get the raid array to rebuild and I'd like to check that it does
match, before running changes.

Thanks

Bryan

Rick Stevens 09-16-2013 08:22 PM

mdadm configuration file raid 5 created by Disk Manager

On 09/16/2013 12:08 PM, Bryan Hepworth issued this missive:

Hi All

Does anyone happen to know where the mdadm.conf files are located when
creating an array via Disk Manager? I have /etc/mdadm.conf.orig I've
looked in dracut, but can't track it down.

AFAIK, the active config file is "/etc/mdadm.conf". You appear to have
backed it up as "/etc/mdadm.conf.orig", so see if that's the case.

You might want to try

mdadm --examine --brief --scan --config=partitions

to see if the partitions you think you have are or were parts of RAID
devices, and compare those to your config.