Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
"Jothikumar"

Default Red Hat9 installation in Sony VAIO laptop

Hi,

*

I have registered in this site and I would like to get some
help. Like I have Sony VAIO VGN-FE550G MODEL and I would like to install Red
Hat 9 Linux on it. But I am not able to run the installation after the mouse
recognition stage. I am getting the error msg “u r hardware is not match
and it shows some Pcimca” and reboot the system. Kindly help me out in
this regards.

*

Regards,

*

Joe

*

Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Ray Van Dolson

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:56:50AM +0430, Jothikumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have registered in this site and I would like to get some help.
> Like I have Sony VAIO VGN-FE550G MODEL and I would like to install
> Red Hat 9 Linux on it. But I am not able to run the installation
> after the mouse recognition stage. I am getting the error msg “u r
> hardware is not match and it shows some Pcimca” and reboot the
> system. Kindly help me out in this regards.

You need to use a modern RH -- try RHEL 5.1 or Fedora.

Ray

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Harold Hallikainen

FCC Rules online at http://www.hallikainen.com

On Mon 08/03/31 13:26 , "Jothikumar" rjothikumar@hotmail.com sent:
> Hi,
> I have registered in this site and I would like to get some help.
> Like I have Sony VAIO VGN-FE550G MODEL and I would like to install
> Red Hat 9 Linux on it. But I am not able to run the installation
> after the mouse recognition stage. I am getting the error msg "u r
> hardware is not match and it shows some Pcimca" and reboot the
> system. Kindly help me out in this regards.
> Regards,
> Joe

I don't have my notes here, but I assume this is a notebook with the CD-ROM
plugged into the PCMCIA slot. You need to add something like "nopcimcia" or
something to the command line when starting the installation. I can dig up my
notes at home in several hours if no one else responds. I ran into the same issue
with Puppy Linux on a Sony Viao.

Harold