Old 03-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Al Sparks

Default Installing compat-libstdc++ on RHEL

Trying to do an Oracle installation on a x86_64 system.

Pre-install requirements specify compat-libstdc++.

I do:
up2date --install compat-libstdc++

and I get:
The following packages you requested were not found:
compat-libstdc++

I'm pretty sure that package is available in the 32bit world.....

Any ideas?
=== Al

Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
McCarty Ronald

Seems like I've seen this before. *Isn't there a -64bit on the end of those package names? *Also seems like there was a religious war over the naming conventions but don't recall where everyone landed on it.
--ron
Ronald McCarty
mccarty@YourNetGuard.com

Your Net Guard LLC
3526 Lakeview Pkwy Ste B#164
Rowlett, TX *75088

http://www.YourNetGuard.com/
214-257-8629
On Mar 28, 2008, at 12:44 PM, Al Sparks wrote:Trying to do an Oracle installation on a x86_64 system.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:02 PM
"Nate Thompson"

Al,

There is a version on there as well. Is this for RHEL4?

For example,

compat-libstdc++-33 (compat for std C++ library for GCC 3.3.4)
compat-libstdc++-296 (compat std C++ library for older GCC 2.9.6)

Those 2 are what is out there for RHEL4. Didn't check the others, but
it should put you on the right path.

up2date --install compat-libstdc++-33

Is probably the one you need for Oracle.

Regards,

Nate

Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Al Sparks

I should have done a
up2date --showall
before posting the question. I would have found it.

Thanks for the help.
=== Al

Old 03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Al Sparks

Whoops, this isn't over yet. This is what is supposedly available.
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3.i386
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3.x86_64

I was able to get up2date to install the x86_64 version, but not the
.i386 version. Yet Oracle docs call for both. How do I get up2date
to install both? If I give it the full name like
up2date --install compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3.i386

it says package isn't available. It seems to only recognize:
up2date --install compat-libstdc++-33

If I add anything else to the spec, up2date says it doesn't exist.

So I'm half way there.
=== Al