Old 03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Jeremy Saintot

Default If you have problems to update your system with the Red Hat Network

Hello,

Found this interesting, didn't know where to share :

If your up2date ends up with a similar error :

Problem registering system:

Error Message:
Insufficient Software Channel
Entitlements:

cfid0000 Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(core server)

note: One of the above Software Channel
Entitlement(s) are required
to provides access to: cid0000 Red Hat
Enterprise Linux ES (v. 4 for 32-bit x86)
Error Class Code: 70
Error Class Info:
All available subscriptions for the
requested channel have been exhausted.
Please contact a Red Hat Network
Sales associate.
Explanation:
An error has occurred while
processing your request. If this problem
persists please enter a bug report
at bugzilla.redhat.com.
If you choose to submit the bug
report, please be sure to include
details of what you were trying to
do when this error occurred and

Then here is the solution :

1. Go to http://rhn.redhat.com and login
2. Click on the Systems link in the red bar at the
top of the page.
3. Click on the name of the system, then click the
'delete system' link in the upper right of the
page, then 'delete profile' in the bottom right
of the subsequent page.

You may then register the entitlement to the new
system. To register your system with RHN:

1. Open up a terminal window on the system you are
registering.
2. Make sure you are logged in as root.
3. Enter the command up2date --register (for
versions 3 and 4) or rhn_register (for versions
2.1 and 5)
4. This should bring up an interface that will
guide you through the up2date process.

Make sure not to enter a subscription number when
you are prompted to, instead select the option
"Use one of my existing subscriptions" or "I do
not have a subscription number."

If you are trying to register version 4, we are
currently working on a bug with sending the
hardware information so please do not send the
hardware information.

5. If you would like to send your hardware profile
information after you have registered your
system with Red Hat Network you can do so by
opening up a terminal window, logging in as root,
and entering the command up2date --hardware.