-   -   Google chrome installation in RHEL6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/594793-google-chrome-installation-rhel6.html)

Gaurav Kansal 11-04-2011 09:17 PM

Google chrome installation in RHEL6

Dear All,

I wanna install google chrome browser on my RHEL6 Server.

For this I have search a lot on the internet in every blog they say to
download the repo from
<http://ask4itsolutions.com/RPMs/google-chrome-i386.repo>
http://ask4itsolutions.com/RPMs/google-chrome-i386.repo.

But when I am using wget for the same I am getting 404 error.

Can anyone please help me out what should I do for the same???????

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Kansal

8860785630

9910118448

Rick Stevens 11-04-2011 10:21 PM

On 11/04/2011 03:17 PM, Gaurav Kansal wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I wanna install google chrome browser on my RHEL6 Server.
>
> For this I have search a lot on the internet in every blog they say to
> download the repo from
> <http://ask4itsolutions.com/RPMs/google-chrome-i386.repo>
> http://ask4itsolutions.com/RPMs/google-chrome-i386.repo.
>

> But when I am using wget for the same I am getting 404 error.
>
> Can anyone please help me out what should I do for the same???????

I don't know why. It works for me.

I'm not an RHEL guy anymore, but for CentOS:

1. Become root:

$ su -
(enter root's password)
#

2. Go to the repos directory:

# cd /etc/yum.repos.d

3. Download the repo:

# wget http://ask4itsolutions.com/RPMs/google-chrome-i386.repo

Then to install chrome:

# yum --enablerepo=google-chrome-i386 install chrome

Alternately, you can just go to the Google install page and install
from there. Just aim your current browser at:

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html

and click on the big blue box.