Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Gaurav Kansal

Default How to take RHEL backup on DVD for future use in bare machine

Dear All,

I am using RHEL 5. I want to make a bootable drive(DVD or so) of my OS so
that in case, if ever, my system got crash or in any disaster case, I can
install the same set of services(which are currently running on my system)
in any new fresh bare machine without any issues.

Is this is possible in RHEL or I have to use some third party software for
the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Kansal

8860785630

9910118448

Old 11-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

On 4 November 2011 09:46, Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kansal@nic.in> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am using RHEL 5. I want to make a bootable drive(DVD or so) of my OS so
> that in case, if ever, my system got crash or in any disaster case, I can
> install the same set of services(which are currently running on my system)
> in any new fresh bare machine without any issues.
>
> Is this is possible in RHEL or I have to use some third party software for
> the same.
Mondo Archive works perfectly well with RHEL. We use it all the time.