-   -   How to take RHEL backup on DVD for future use in bare machine (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/594522-how-take-rhel-backup-dvd-future-use-bare-machine.html)

Gaurav Kansal 11-04-2011 08:46 AM

How to take RHEL backup on DVD for future use in bare machine

Dear All,

I am using RHEL 5. I want to make a bootable drive(DVD or so) of my OS so
that in case, if ever, my system got crash or in any disaster case, I can
install the same set of services(which are currently running on my system)
in any new fresh bare machine without any issues.

Is this is possible in RHEL or I have to use some third party software for
the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Kansal

8860785630

9910118448

Hakan Koseoglu 11-04-2011 09:08 AM

On 4 November 2011 09:46, Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kansal@nic.in> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am using RHEL 5. I want to make a bootable drive(DVD or so) of my OS so
> that in case, if ever, my system got crash or in any disaster case, I can
> install the same set of services(which are currently running on my system)
> in any new fresh bare machine without any issues.
>
> Is this is possible in RHEL or I have to use some third party software for
> the same.
Mondo Archive works perfectly well with RHEL. We use it all the time.