Old 08-17-2011, 06:02 PM
chuck lawrence

Default looking for wubi-like tool for centos/fedora/redhat

hello,

I've had various multi-boot systems over the years.* just bought a
new laptop that will be shared with a windows-only user, so I don't
want to muck around as much as I might otherwise.* I discovered wubi
(

Windows-based UBuntu Installer) for
ubuntu.* is there a similar tool for a redhat equivalent (I'm
guessing fedora would be best)?

adv(thanks)ance

Old 08-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Rick Stevens

On 08/17/2011 11:02 AM, chuck lawrence wrote:
> hello,
>
> I've had various multi-boot systems over the years. just bought a new
> laptop that will be shared with a windows-only user, so I don't want to
> muck around as much as I might otherwise. I discovered wubi (
> /*W*indows-based *UB*untu *I*nstaller/) for ubuntu. is there a similar
> tool for a redhat equivalent (I'm guessing fedora would be best)?
>
> adv(thanks)ance

If you like wubi, use it. All the multiboot thing is going to do is
pass control to the grub loader to boot the Linux OS. grub is the same
between Ubuntu and CentOS (or RedHat or Fedora).

Personally, I just use grub itself. It's capable of chainloading
Winblows.
- -
- "How does that damned three seashell thing work?" -
- - Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man" -