-   -   Kickstarting CentOS 6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/565241-kickstarting-centos-6-a.html)

Ronald McCarty 08-17-2011 02:47 PM

Kickstarting CentOS 6

I've got two questions concerning the installation of CentOS6:
1) Has anyone kickstarted CentOS 6*successfully? *2) What is the complete path for the url --url parameter? *Should it point to the "root" directory containing all the files and directories from the DVD media, or should it point to a subdirectory? *I've tried the various permutations with no luck.

The error I am getting is "Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml). *I'm running tcpdump and see the fetching of the kickstart.ks file (called centos6.ks in my case), so I have networking and security set up correctly. *I've also got all the files owned by the web server user (apache) and they are readable when viewing via a web browser.

Any insight is appreciated.
--
--ronRonald McCarty972-310-8825Your Net Guard

IT is our business . . .. . . make it part of yours.

Connie Sieh 08-17-2011 03:18 PM

Kickstarting CentOS 6

I've got two questions concerning the installation of CentOS6:

1) Has anyone kickstarted CentOS 6 successfully?
2) What is the complete path for the url --url parameter? Should it point
to the "root" directory containing all the files and directories from the
DVD media, or should it point to a subdirectory? I've tried the various
permutations with no luck.

The error I am getting is "Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml).
I'm running tcpdump and see the fetching of the kickstart.ks file (called
centos6.ks in my case), so I have networking and security set up correctly.
I've also got all the files owned by the web server user (apache) and they
are readable when viewing via a web browser.

Any insight is appreciated.

Maybe you should ask this on the centos mailing list.

-Connie Sieh