-   -   ssh/putty (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/562855-ssh-putty.html)

Bret Stern 08-11-2011 02:00 AM

ssh/putty

When I ssh into a remote host with putty from Fedora 13, I get an
"access denied" message but still connect.

When I ssh into the same remote host with putty from WindowsXP, I DO NOT
get an "access denied" message but still connect.

Is there something in the putty client that needs setting?

Thanks all

Rick Stevens 08-11-2011 05:07 PM

ssh/putty

On 08/10/2011 07:00 PM, Bret Stern wrote:
> When I ssh into a remote host with putty from Fedora 13, I get an
> "access denied" message but still connect.
>
> When I ssh into the same remote host with putty from WindowsXP, I DO NOT
> get an "access denied" message but still connect.
>
> Is there something in the putty client that needs setting?

Check to see if you're trying to forward X11 ("ForwardX11 yes" in the
"/etc/ssh/ssh_config" file) on Fedora. If so, that may be the cause
of the message if X isn't allowed by the remote host or it doesn't have
X installed. You can also check /var/log/secure on the remote host to
see what it doesn't like.

putty for Windows can't do X11 forwarding as Windows doesn't have an
X11 server.

Bret Stern 08-11-2011 05:26 PM

ssh/putty

On a tip from Mr. Nussbuam.
You need to uncheck the GSSAPI options under SSH/Auth
and make sure you save it.
Solved the problem.
Thanks Rick and all