-   -   PHP broke (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/54657-php-broke.html)

Jeff Hogg 02-13-2008 03:59 PM

PHP broke

Mark Corsi wrote:

Hey Guys -

I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x.

I have been doing a lot of development on a testing box for transfer over to
our live server. I am not sure what step 'broke' the box, but I can no
longer get php to function through the webserver.

A simple php page with:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Produces the following error in the log file:

[Wed Feb 13 11:18:48 2008] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

Does anyone know what might be broken here? PHP is installed and runs from
the command line.

Hey Mark,

Sounds like something overwrote the configuration files for Apache.
The error seems to show that the web server doesn't have a correctly
worded configuration entry for the php engine. Just take a quick look
to see if it has been commented out during an upgrade or other
installation. Hope this helps.

--
Jeff Hogg
System Admin.

"Mark Corsi" 02-13-2008 08:11 PM

PHP broke

Thanks guys -

Not sure what happened, but httpd.conf looked like it reset to near default.

I must have been moving too fast last night at 1 AM and simply screwed up.

Need more coffee at that hour I guess.

Mark