Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 AM
ShibuThomas

Default source code of /sbin/init

Hi All,

How can I get the source code of /sbin/init executable used in RHEL 6.0

Regards,
ShibuThomas

Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Rick Stevens

On 01/02/2011 10:29 PM, ShibuThomas wrote:

Hi All,

How can I get the source code of /sbin/init executable used in RHEL 6.0

Install the upstart-sysvinit source RPM. This is true of any binary
on the system. First, find out which RPM contains the binary via

rpm -qf /path/to/binary

The source code for that RPM in in the .src.rpm with the same name.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 AM
ShibuThomas

Hi All,

Is same upstart-0.6.5-9.fc14.src.rpm used in RHEL 6.0?.If not, please
let me know the exact upstart rpm package name used in RHEL 6.0

Which is the file get invoke first while calling /sbin/init.

How it is possible to recompile the src of /sbin/init?.

Is there is any tutorials to explain the code flow /sbin/init.

Regards,
ShibuThomas