Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 AM
ShibuThomas

Default Regarding modification of Initramfs

Hi All,

As part of our new product development,we identified RHEL 6.0 as our
distribution.

We done the customization of kernel and create new initramfs for the
custom kernel using dracut.

But fount that /init script in the initramfs is somewhat complex.

Can I replace this /init function alone with my simplified init script?.

My init script contains

1)mount proc
2)mount sys
3)mount rootfilesystem
4) unmount proc,sys
5) switch root into /sbin/initqueue.

Can you please help me to understand code flow of init script used in
initramfs?.

Regards,
ShibuThomas