Old 11-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Rick Stevens

Default yum "noplugin match" messages (Was: blank subject)

On 11/16/2010 08:38 PM, landon kelsey wrote:

Have great F13

step 1 in upgrade:to F14

[root@localhost ~]# preupgrade

Loaded plugins: blacklist, whiteout

No plugin match for: rpm-warm-cache

No plugin match for: remove-with-leaves

No plugin match for: auto-update-debuginfo

[root@localhost ~]#

what do I do about the noplugin matches???

They're simply additions to the basic yum functionality. They're not
critical to your upgrade process, although they are useful additions to
yum and I'd consider installing them. For a full list of yum's plugins,
try "yum list yum-plugin*". You can get information on what they do by
using "yum info name-of-plugin", e.g.

[root@bigdog ~]# yum info yum-plugin-rpm-warm-cache.noarch
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name : yum-plugin-rpm-warm-cache
Arch : noarch
Version : 1.1.28
Release : 1.fc13
Size : 9.2 k
Repo : updates
License : GPLv2+
Description : This plugin reads the rpmdb files into the system cache
: before accessing the rpmdb directly. In some cases this
: should speed up access to rpmdb information

Oh, and in the future, this list (and most others I've seen) would
prefer if you'd include a subject line when you post a new message.
You didn't on your message, so I'm adding one.