Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Red Hat Install (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/)
-   -   christophe asmar (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/365375-christophe-asmar.html)

Sujitkumar Shirkar 05-03-2010 12:35 PM

christophe asmar
 
http://www.casino-sverige-portal.com/home.php

All the post budget analysis and implications Sign up now.
_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe

"Karl Pearson" 05-03-2010 04:11 PM

christophe asmar
 
Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
brute-force hacked...

I see it quite often on my email group server among the gmail, hotmail and
yahoo subscribers.

How do you get people to actually choose better passwords? I wrote a page
that uses pwgen on my server and point my users to it, but they never
listen... (http://ourldsfamily.com/cgi-bin/passwordgen if you're
interested in taking a look)

Karl
PS. Who is interested in a Swedish casino anyway?

On Mon, May 3, 2010 6:35 am, Sujitkumar Shirkar wrote:
> http://www.casino-sverige-portal.com/home.php
>
> __________________________________________________ _______________
> Catch the latest in the world of fashion
> http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/_______________________________________________
> Redhat-install-list mailing list
> Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
> To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
> redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
> Subject: unsubscribe



_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe

Rick Stevens 05-03-2010 09:01 PM

christophe asmar
 
On 05/03/2010 09:11 AM, Karl Pearson wrote:

Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
brute-force hacked...


I think I'm still an admin. I can try. There's been so little traffic
here that I'm shocked it's still alive. :-)


I see it quite often on my email group server among the gmail, hotmail and
yahoo subscribers.

How do you get people to actually choose better passwords? I wrote a page
that uses pwgen on my server and point my users to it, but they never
listen... (http://ourldsfamily.com/cgi-bin/passwordgen if you're
interested in taking a look)

Karl
PS. Who is interested in a Swedish casino anyway?

On Mon, May 3, 2010 6:35 am, Sujitkumar Shirkar wrote:

http://www.casino-sverige-portal.com/home.php

__________________________________________________ _______________
Catch the latest in the world of fashion
http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe




_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe




--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
- AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
- -
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe

Rick Stevens 05-03-2010 09:22 PM

christophe asmar
 
On 05/03/2010 09:11 AM, Karl Pearson wrote:

Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
brute-force hacked...


Turns out I still am an admin and I've unsubscribed that account.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
- AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
- -
- I won't rise to the occasion, but I'll slide over to it. -
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe

"Karl Pearson" 05-04-2010 07:09 PM

christophe asmar
 
I have over 8300 email addresses in email groups on my server, and I see
the need to unsubscribe hacked accounts every month or more.

Sometimes the owner can get back in, change their password and not go
through the bother of getting a new account, resubscribing, etc., but more
often than not, the hackers change the password and start spamming ad
nauseum.

Thanks for your diligence. I may put up a link on my pages somewhere to
this email list. It's been a life-saver for me for years. It would be a
pity for it to die.

Did you notice how many subscribers there are? Since I don't use Mailman
(Majordomo instead), I don't know if you can do that.

Karl


On Mon, May 3, 2010 3:22 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 09:11 AM, Karl Pearson wrote:
>> Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
>> sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
>> brute-force hacked...
>
> Turns out I still am an admin and I've unsubscribed that account.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
> - AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
> - -
> - I won't rise to the occasion, but I'll slide over to it. -
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Redhat-install-list mailing list
> Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
> To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
> redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
> Subject: unsubscribe
>


---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@ourldsfamily.com
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
--Benjamin Franklin
---
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---

_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe

Rick Stevens 05-04-2010 10:44 PM

christophe asmar
 
On 05/04/2010 12:09 PM, Karl Pearson wrote:

I have over 8300 email addresses in email groups on my server, and I see
the need to unsubscribe hacked accounts every month or more.

Sometimes the owner can get back in, change their password and not go
through the bother of getting a new account, resubscribing, etc., but more
often than not, the hackers change the password and start spamming ad
nauseum.

Thanks for your diligence. I may put up a link on my pages somewhere to
this email list. It's been a life-saver for me for years. It would be a
pity for it to die.

Did you notice how many subscribers there are? Since I don't use Mailman
(Majordomo instead), I don't know if you can do that.


Well, let's see......according to the admin user interface, there's 1200
members currently. I'd expect more activity, but perhaps RHEL5 is
stupid simple to set up. :-) Heheheheheheh!



On Mon, May 3, 2010 3:22 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:

On 05/03/2010 09:11 AM, Karl Pearson wrote:

Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
brute-force hacked...


Turns out I still am an admin and I've unsubscribed that account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
- AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
- -
- Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting -
- medicated for it. -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com) -
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe

"Karl Pearson" 05-05-2010 05:46 AM

christophe asmar
 
On Tue, May 4, 2010 4:44 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 05/04/2010 12:09 PM, Karl Pearson wrote:
>> I have over 8300 email addresses in email groups on my server, and I see
>> the need to unsubscribe hacked accounts every month or more.
>>
>> Sometimes the owner can get back in, change their password and not go
>> through the bother of getting a new account, resubscribing, etc., but
>> more
>> often than not, the hackers change the password and start spamming ad
>> nauseum.
>>
>> Thanks for your diligence. I may put up a link on my pages somewhere to
>> this email list. It's been a life-saver for me for years. It would be a
>> pity for it to die.
>>
>> Did you notice how many subscribers there are? Since I don't use Mailman
>> (Majordomo instead), I don't know if you can do that.
>
> Well, let's see......according to the admin user interface, there's 1200
> members currently. I'd expect more activity, but perhaps RHEL5 is
> stupid simple to set up. :-) Heheheheheheh!

This is an 'install' list, so the setup comes after, right? But, it is
pretty easy to both install and setup, so maybe you've hit that nail on
it's larger-than-life head.

Now back to work...


>
>> On Mon, May 3, 2010 3:22 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
>>> On 05/03/2010 09:11 AM, Karl Pearson wrote:
>>>> Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
>>>> sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
>>>> brute-force hacked...
>>>
>>> Turns out I still am an admin and I've unsubscribed that account.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting ricks@nerd.com -
> - AIM/Skype: therps2 ICQ: 22643734 Yahoo: origrps2 -
> - -
> - Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting -
> - medicated for it. -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com) -
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Redhat-install-list mailing list
> Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
> To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
> redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
> Subject: unsubscribe
>


---
Karl Pearson
Karlp@ourldsfamily.com
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
--Benjamin Franklin
---
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---

_______________________________________________
Redhat-install-list mailing list
Redhat-install-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-install-list
To Unsubscribe Go To ABOVE URL or send a message to:
redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com
Subject: unsubscribe


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.