Old 11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Ronald McCarty

Default kickstart / anaconda parameter passing

Hi,

I'm installing and provisioning a kickstart infrastructure for Red Hat 5.3 to support a PCI project for a customer of ours.

The infrastructure is up and working; however, it is not as finely tuned as I would like. Currently we need two kickstart files...1 for 32-bit and 1 for 64-bit systems. This is only needed because of the --url parameter in the kickstart file points to the particular server repository.

Is there a way to remove the repository location and pass it as a parameter during boot up? I've tried various permutations of parameter passing such as ksurl=<location>, ks=<locationtoks> url=, ks--url=, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

--ron
Ronald McCarty
mccarty@YourNetGuard.com