Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 AM
alok pandey

Default Solaris : How to create user on remote server

HI
I am new to solaris,* and facing problem in creating user on solaris.
I want to create same a/c on 40 to 80solaris box. I was trying it with script but at the time of password assignment , It display error as permission denied. (although I have root access to it).

Is there any way to create user on solaris box, remotely.?
--
Thanks
ALOK PANDEY

Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Ronald McCarty

Is your /etc/passed and /etc/shadow out of sync? Try a pwconv to fix
this issue.

--ron
Ronald McCarty
mccarty@YourNetGuard.com
214-257-8629

Your Net Guard LLC
3526 Lakeview Pkwy Ste B#164
Rowlett, TX 75088

Company: http://www.YourNetGuard.com/
Writing: http://www.mcWrite.net/
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronaldmccarty

Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 PM
gerrynix

Is your /etc/passed and /etc/shadow out of sync?* Try a pwconv to fix this issue.

--ron
Ronald McCarty
mccarty@YourNetGuard.com
214-257-8629

Your Net Guard LLC
3526 Lakeview Pkwy Ste B#164
Rowlett, TX* 75088

Company:* http://www.YourNetGuard.com/
Writing:* http://www.mcWrite.net/
Linkedin:* http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronaldmccarty

On Nov 13, 2009, at 6:42 AM, alok pandey <alok.rhct@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI
> I am new to solaris,* and facing problem in creating user on solaris.
> I want to create same a/c on 40 to 80solaris box. I was trying it with script but at the time of password assignment , It display error as permission denied. (although I have root access to it).
>
> Is there any way to create user on solaris box, remotely.?
>
> --Thanks
> ALOK PANDEY

What you want to do is possible in many ways. Using a naming service such as*NIS or ldap*makes the most sense. BUT if you have to create the users on each machine, a script with root access could be the way to go . . . . and you should not be getting errors (I am primarily a Solaris guy) *Let's see your script . . .

Old 11-15-2009, 10:23 AM
alok pandey

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your time,* the issue is I want to add user on numb of solaris box in one go through my shell script. Problem I am facing is, I am not able to assign password for user a/c through script (it is easy in liunx), remotly. Is there any way by which i can assigne password to user a/c using script.

--Alok

Old 11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
gerrynix

From: alok pandey <alok.rhct@gmail.com>
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux redhat-install-list@redhat.com

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your time,* the issue is I want to add user on numb of solaris box in one go through my shell script. Problem I am facing is, I am not able to assign password for user a/c through script (it is easy in liunx), remotly. Is there any way by which i can assigne password to user a/c using script.

--Alok

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:23 PM, gerrynix <gerrynix@yahoo.com> wrote:

=====
ALOK . . . There is a Linux utility - command*named 'expect'*that will*easily do what you need.*I don't think it's bundled with Solaris but you can download it here, either in pre-compiled binary or source: http://www.sunfreeware.com/

The URL below shows the*code to use the expect command*in your script to get the password job done!*
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Scripting/Shell/Q_22748792.html
--
Nix

Thanks
ALOK PANDEY

Old 11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
alok pandey

HI Guru's
I didn't find any reply from your side, should I assume that we can't create user a/c (id + password) on solaris, remotely through script ?
I simply want to add a user a/c or in other word, I want to assign password to a user ,* remotely through ssh !

Plz suggest .

--Alok

Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Rick Stevens