Old 02-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Ted Potter

Default off topic - install of the month

Greetings,

Just wanted to share a little story from last week. A customer bought a new dell computer for
his wife and ask me to help install it. So I show up and the guy turns on the machine. I watch
in amazement as this bright red screen with white text comes up. Peering closely I am watching

this machine execute the autoexec.bat file and then run other batch scripts to attempt to log in
to a Novell network server.

Calling Dell support got me this (and I quote) "what is DOS ?"

What I want to know is where in h*ll did Dell dig up a hard drive configured to be a Novell client ?

--
Ted Potter
tpotter@techmarin.com