Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Ted Potter

Default Determine if x is running

2009/2/12 John Reynolds <jreyn@us.ibm.com>

Karl Pearson wrote on 02/12/2009 12:01:04
PM:

Dolson wrote:

> >> <<< Stuff deleted >>>

but ask away and someone

I knew you were

> >> I'm really hoping it will begin to rub off on me... I've
been doing

> >> this, though not as intensely as you, for about 23 years.

> > It helps if you're abrasive and "prickly", like me.
*You find you also

> > have to remove lots of lint and other things that stick to you.
:-)

> I'll have to remember that. Hedgehog is better than porcupine then,
huh?

> Thinking about likening IT folks to different animals, why is it that

> one that comes to mind is 'skunk'?

We're the ones constantly being badgered.

Not me ! I am The Weasel !!

*

John R

redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com

Ted Potter
tpotter@techmarin.com
Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. - Albert Einstein

Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 01:01:04PM -0700, Karl Pearson wrote:

> On Thu, February 12, 2009 11:17 am, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > Karl Pearson wrote:
.................................................. .

> >> I'm really hoping it will begin to rub off on me... I've been doing
> >> this, though not as intensely as you, for about 23 years.
> >
> > It helps if you're abrasive and "prickly", like me. You find you also
> > have to remove lots of lint and other things that stick to you. :-)
>
> I'll have to remember that. Hedgehog is better than porcupine then, huh?
> Thinking about likening IT folks to different animals, why is it that
> one that comes to mind is 'skunk'?

IT bathing habits?

JK
--
"Funniest signatures series": (found posted to a public email list)

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES
ACT 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to
contact the sender and delete the email.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Rick Stevens

Ted Potter wrote:

[...]

Ok, so I'm the "The Hedgehog", Karl's "The Skunk", Ted's "The Weasel",
and Jeff's afraid of water so we'll call him "The Reeker". Gee, we all
have nicknames that could get us into the mob if we wanted! "Yeah, so
youse wan' dat RPM rubbed out, real quiet-like? Ted 'The Weasel' can do
it. He'll make it look like an accident."

I have a DBA friend who calls himself "ChiaBrit" or "Shrek". His hair
does make him look a bit like a Chia pet. He's also a BIG guy and his
ears are kinda weird--probably from playing Rugby. Only problem is that
he's a Brit, not a Scot. He does do a "right good" imitation of Cartman
from South Park.

"I'm not fat! I'm big boned!"

Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Rick Stevens

Sorry, forgot that John's "The Badger". I don't want to make a member
of the RHIL Mafia mad at me!

Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Ted Potter

so of course grouped together we become the cyberspace/IT Rat Pack ?