-   -   Fedora 8 CDs (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/206602-fedora-8-cds.html)

12-05-2008 10:38 PM

Fedora 8 CDs

I need to find and download Fedora 8 in the cd version, not the dvd
version. Can anyone point me in a direction? I seem to be only able
to find the DVD on the Fedora site.

Thanks

Rick Stevens 12-05-2008 11:18 PM

Fedora 8 CDs

redhat@buglecreek.com wrote:

I need to find and download Fedora 8 in the cd version, not the dvd
version. Can anyone point me in a direction? I seem to be only able
to find the DVD on the Fedora site.

Whoo, boy. Be aware that F8 will be EOL'd in January. You should be
using F9 or F10.

F6 was the last Fedora available on CD. F7, F8, F9 and F10 are only
available as DVD images or Live! images.

For CD-only users, download one of the Live! images. They're CD-based
and give you enough stuff to get up and running. From there, you can
either install from a DVD ISO image on your hard drive or over the
network from an FTP/HTTP server or Fedora repos.

Again, F8 is soon to be history. The latest is F10.

mylar 12-24-2008 08:01 PM

Fedora 8 CDs

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 16:18 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> redhat@buglecreek.com wrote:
> > I need to find and download Fedora 8 in the cd version, not the dvd
> > version. Can anyone point me in a direction? I seem to be only able
> > to find the DVD on the Fedora site.
>
> Whoo, boy. Be aware that F8 will be EOL'd in January. You should be
> using F9 or F10.

I'm still running Fedora 6 on my personal machine here and Fedora 9 on
my Dad's machine. I'm planning on upgrading to F10 over the next week or
so.

Happy Holiday seasons to everyone out on the RH lists.

John (mylar)

--
email-> micros50@verizon.net

"I Speak Mathematics"