Old 11-01-2008, 05:33 AM

Default Customized installation for Oracle

Dear List,
We are trying to make a customized install of RHEL 4.5 to run Oracle database 10g, with only the minimum packages required, so that we reduce the size, minimize attack surface and reduce patching efforts, etc.

Any thoughts on where we can find such a list of packages, how to make such an install, etc.?

Regards,
Empower your Business with BlackBerry® and Mobile Solutions from Etisalat

Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Here are a good link for howto oracle 10g on linux:

http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml

The minimum rpm's you can have by deselect everything an install this rpm's http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml#CheckingSoftwarePackages

-Thomas

We are trying to make a customized install of RHEL 4.5 to run Oracle database 10g, with only the minimum packages required, so that we reduce the size, minimize attack surface and reduce patching efforts, etc.

Any thoughts on where we can find such a list of packages, how to make such an install, etc.?

Regards,
Empower your Business with BlackBerry(r) and Mobile Solutions from Etisalat

Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM

Thomas thanks. This sounds quite good - I will do a test install and update.

Regards,