Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 AM
"Karl Pearson"

Default Sendmail?

What can I do so email from my server that fails doesn't have
MAILER_DAEMON@NODOMAIN as the return address.

The problem is these emails get hammered by Spamassassin... I probably missed
something in setting up this new server because this wasn't an issue on the
old one. I thought it was something in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc but can't see
it...

Fedora Core 4 vs Fedora 8
Sendmail
Majordomo

TIA

---
_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ ____________ __o
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ ____________ _-<._
_/_/ _/ _/_/_/ (_)/ (_)
_/ _/ _/ _/ ......................
_/ _/ arl _/_/_/ _/ earson KarlP@ourldsfamily.com
---
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---

Old 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Rick Stevens

Karl Pearson wrote:

What can I do so email from my server that fails doesn't have
MAILER_DAEMON@NODOMAIN as the return address.

The problem is these emails get hammered by Spamassassin... I probably missed
something in setting up this new server because this wasn't an issue on the
old one. I thought it was something in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc but can't see
it...

Fedora Core 4 vs Fedora 8
Sendmail
Majordomo

The "MAILER-DAEMON" stuff in error messages comes from the "Dn" option
in sendmail.cf. I can't recall what the .mc thing is called and I don't
have my bat book handy.

The "NODOMAIN" stuff sounds like the domain isn't set for the mailer.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Karl Pearson

What can I do so email from my server that fails doesn't have
MAILER_DAEMON@NODOMAIN as the return address.

The problem is these emails get hammered by Spamassassin... I probably
missed

something in setting up this new server because this wasn't an issue on the
old one. I thought it was something in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc but can't see
it...

Fedora Core 4 vs Fedora 8
Sendmail
Majordomo

The "MAILER-DAEMON" stuff in error messages comes from the "Dn" option
in sendmail.cf. I can't recall what the .mc thing is called and I don't
have my bat book handy.

And I can't find mine... I guess that's about the same thing as not having
it 'handy' for me.

The "NODOMAIN" stuff sounds like the domain isn't set for the mailer.

All other emails generated at the OS level have the correct domain. I'll
go check and if I have to, I'll just modify sendmail.cf...

Thanks,

klp

---
_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ ____________ __o
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ ____________ _-<._
_/_/ _/ _/_/_/ (_)/ (_)
_/ _/ _/ _/ ......................

Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Rick Stevens

Karl Pearson wrote:

What can I do so email from my server that fails doesn't have
MAILER_DAEMON@NODOMAIN as the return address.

The problem is these emails get hammered by Spamassassin... I
probably missed
something in setting up this new server because this wasn't an issue
on the
old one. I thought it was something in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc but
can't see

it...

Fedora Core 4 vs Fedora 8
Sendmail
Majordomo

The "MAILER-DAEMON" stuff in error messages comes from the "Dn" option
in sendmail.cf. I can't recall what the .mc thing is called and I don't
have my bat book handy.

And I can't find mine... I guess that's about the same thing as not
having it 'handy' for me.

I put mine in a box in the garage when I changed jobs and haven't had a
need for it here. Guess it's time to plow through that stuff again.

The "Dn" option is the user name for error reporting.

The "NODOMAIN" stuff sounds like the domain isn't set for the mailer.

All other emails generated at the OS level have the correct domain. I'll
go check and if I have to, I'll just modify sendmail.cf...

I'll find ye ol' bat book and report back tomorrow.