-   -   Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/166734-microsoft-bluetooth-keyboard-mouse.html)

"Charles Goff" 09-26-2008 12:42 PM

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Is it possible to install the microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse on Red Hat 5?* If so could someone give me a brief description of the process.* I've seen a few posts on the internet where people have commented that they've been able to use these devices with red hat but no explanation as to how.

*
Thanks for any help

"Mark Corsi" 09-26-2008 12:49 PM

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

lmao

"Charles Goff" 09-26-2008 05:14 PM

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

I thought I would find a helpful answer to my problem from what is supposed to be a community of people involved in the same things.* Apparently I was wrong.* I've since found the answer on another website where people seem to be concerned with real answers and not being comedians

*
I'd like to personally thank Kevin Raber for his insightful comments;* They were plugged in jackass.

"Mark Corsi" 09-26-2008 06:54 PM

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Charles -
*
This list is very helpful. From time to time, people make
cute comments; but that does not detract from the overall expertise of the
list.
*
I am glad you were able to find your answer to the problem.

*
I thought the 'plug it in' quip was highly comical. One
might advise you to lighten up a tad.
*
Regards

Rick Stevens 09-26-2008 07:53 PM

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Kevin Raber wrote:

plug them in ??

An utterly stupid comment, Kevin. I'm sure he's plugged them in, but
they're obviously not working or he wouldn't be asking this question.

Most people come to the list looking for real help, not a flippant
response. And most respondants bottom-post on Red Hat and Fedora lists.

Charles Goff wrote:
Is it possible to install the microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse
on Red Hat 5? If so could someone give me a brief description of the
process. I've seen a few posts on the internet where people have
commented that they've been able to use these devices with red hat but
no explanation as to how.

Charles, to be honest I've never used a bluetooth keyboard or mouse. I
have some, I just haven't used them. I can do some research and get
them to work for me and post a how-to, but I'm a bit swamped with stuff
at the moment and won't be able to get to it until this weekend. Can
you wait until then?

"Gary Frederick" 09-30-2008 12:13 PM

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

I have plugged in a microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse and it
worked. Unfortunately I do not remember what OS...

It may not be useful but I also connected to a PS3/YDL (Fedora based)

Charles, can you pass on what you learned?

Gary (top posting for years and years...)