Old 09-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Karl Pearson

Default ssh -X (-Y) SOLVED

Evil top-poster here, but y'all deserve to find out quickly what I did to
solve this thing.

I finally decided to remove openssh-server and re-install. That failed to
work, so what about remove openssh and openssh-server. I did that, and
found 2 copies of openssh on the system.

Removing:
openssh i386 4.7p1-4.fc8 installed 722 k
openssh i386 4.7p1-2.fc8 installed 722 k
openssh-server i386 4.7p1-4.fc8 installed 470 k
Removing for dependencies:
openssh-askpass i386 4.7p1-4.fc8 installed 9.9 k
openssh-clients i386 4.7p1-4.fc8 installed 876 k

So, how can 2 copies of openssh be installed? I've never manually done it.
I've only done yum update.

But now that it's working as advertised, I'm not sure I care.

But I have one other question: How can I get protocol 1 to work so I can
connect via my Palm Pilot using TGssh? Not a critical issue, but as long
as I'm asking.

Oh, and changing:
Protocol 2
Protocol 2,1