-   -   IMAP Message count (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/156538-imap-message-count.html)

Karl Pearson 09-09-2008 04:23 AM

IMAP Message count

My email server doesn't count the unread messages correctly. Strange thing
is that I had until recently, the same setup at work, and it does count
right.

Using Squirrelmail as the client, I have show all unread email count
turned on. The count slowly works its way up until it shows I have as many
as 10,000 unread emails in my various and sundry email folders.

If I do a Search for something in all folders, the count is reset to
something close to correct, though only if I mark all messages in every
folder showing "N"ew as read.

Any ideas?

Dovecot is the IMAP server.

Karl