Old 08-18-2008, 09:09 PM
"Jessica Blank (T2 NY)"

Default Entering the 'Installation Number' after the fact

Hello
all,
*
We have three
servers that we're setting up, and our licences (hopefully including the
Installation Numbers) are on the way, but they have not arrived
yet.
*
I am presently,
therefore, installing the servers without Installation
Numbers.
*
I've read the FAQ at
https://www.redhat.com/support/resources/faqs/installation_numbers/*,
but it does not seem to say anything about entering Installation Numbers after
one has installed the*base system, nor is information provided on using
another installation number (say, from an unused licence in the corporate pool)
and CHANGING the installation number to the permanent value
later.
*
Am I just going to
have to manually configure my subscriptions? Or is there any way to enter an
Installation Number outside of, well, the Installation
process?
*
Cheers,
*