Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Jeff Kinz

Default Rick Stevens old email script for adding random quotes

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Rick Steven's old email script
for adding random quotes as a sig to an email?

Jeff Kinz.
--

see, this sig is too boring...

Old 08-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Cameron Simpson

On 09Aug2008 13:50, Jeff Kinz <jkinz@kinz.org> wrote:
| Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Rick Steven's old email script
| for adding random quotes as a sig to an email?

No, but if you have no luck you can use my script:

http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/sig
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/picksig

The first calls the second, which picks the random quote.

My muttrc says:

set signature="sig|sed 1d|"

Configuration for your mailer is an exercise for you.

On reinspection, picksig may be over complicated, and could do with a
recode. Though it does let me pick signatures with a little keyword
control when I want it.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

First off, using it would be a politically correct action, and PC is a
philosophy that myself and several others of the Peevetown population have
vowed to destroy in our lifetime.
- Vinnie Jordan <vinniej@sco.COM>

Old 08-10-2008, 01:37 AM
"Dennis D. Calhoun"

Your initial effort may or may not bear fruit, however, as Thomas Edison
once said, "I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000
ways that will not work." Good luck in your search!

--
Dennis D. Calhoun, MCSA

Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 PM
"Rick Stevens"

I'm in Miami this week, Jeff, but I'll zip it up and send it to you.* It's on my desktop system at the office and protected by a VPN I can't get through from here.

redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com