-   -   redhat licensing (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-install/120192-redhat-licensing.html)

Sujitkumar Shirkar 07-07-2008 06:40 AM

redhat licensing

Hello all,

*

I would like to know

do i need to buy RHEL 4, Update 4 license if i have to use it for production purpose?

We have download from the net and it is working fine, then do i need to buy license?

If i have 100 system installed with RHEL4 Update 4 and if i i buy only one*RHEL subcription will it work for all 100 systems?

*

Please advise

*

With Thanks and Regards

*

Sujitkumar Shirkar*

Take the quiz. Crack your personality type. Get individualized suggestions for email ids that suit your personality.Log on to www.coolhotmail.com/personality.html Try it now!

Bob McClure Jr 07-07-2008 02:22 PM

redhat licensing

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 06:40:20AM +0000, Sujitkumar Shirkar wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to know
> do i need to buy RHEL 4, Update 4 license if i have to use it for
> production purpose?

If you want regular updates, bug fixes, and security fixes, yes.

> We have download from the net and it is working fine, then do i need
> to buy license?

See above answer.

> If i have 100 system installed with RHEL4 Update 4 and if i i buy
> only one RHEL subcription will it work for all 100 systems?

No, not unless you apply some extraordinary kluges.

> Please advise

Why don't you just download and install CentOS (preferably v5, at this
point)

http://www.centos.org/

which is a repackaged superset of RHEL, for which updates are free?

There are two good reasons to buy an RHEL license.

1. Get the regular updates.

2. Get customer support from their techs.

But you will have to get one for each box running RHEL.

> With Thanks and Regards
>
> Sujitkumar Shirkar

Cheers,
--
Bob McClure, Jr. Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.
bob@bobcatos.com http://www.bobcatos.com

"LABEEB .M" 11-27-2008 02:29 PM

redhat licensing

if you are licensing your product it is better ,bcz you can download easily the updates

2008/7/7 Sujitkumar Shirkar <sujitkumar_shirkar@hotmail.com>

Hello all,

*

redhat-install-list-request@redhat.com