Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 AM
"Martin Pool"

Default outage on Launchpad code hosting

Launchpad is experiencing some operational problems at the moment with
hosted Bazaar branches. This seems to only apply to branches in the
'knit' format, which will be the case for branches created with Bazaar
prior to its 1.0 release. Other applications in Launchpad are
unaffected.

We are actively investigating the problem at the moment and will
publish an update within the next few hours here and in #launchpad.
At this time service should be uninterrupted for people using pack
format branches. (You can find out what format is being used with the
'bzr info URL' command.)

If you are using Bazaar branch hosting and experience any errors we
ask that you do not try to fix the problem yourself (eg by upgrading
or deleting your branches), but rather contact us with more details on
irc, on this list, or on <http://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/>

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

Old 06-02-2008, 01:50 AM
"Martin Pool"

ssh and sftp access to code hosting has been temporarily shut down.
Branch data is still available read-only over http. We should have
the service back up shortly.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 AM
"Martin Pool"

SSH and SFTP access to your branches should now be restored, with no
ongoing problems. If you do notice a problem, please contact us
through http://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/ or in #launchpad or on
this list.

We apologize for the interruption.
--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Stefan Potyra

Hi,

On Monday 02 June 2008 03:36:51 Martin Pool wrote:
[..]

> If you are using Bazaar branch hosting and experience any errors we
> ask that you do not try to fix the problem yourself (eg by upgrading
> or deleting your branches), but rather contact us with more details on
> irc, on this list, or on <http://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/>

yep, having problems with revu (trunk).

bzr co bzr+ssh://sistpoty@bazaar.launchpad.net/~revu-hackers/revu/trunk/

This will result in:

bzr: ERROR: Revision {rainct@ubuntu.com-20080531130303-2uol5jzej94faleo} not
present in
KnitVersionedFile(bzr+ssh://sistpoty@bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Erevu-hackers/revu/trunk/.bzr/repository/knits/32/%2543hange%254cog-20060622101808-1051ab7317a9a335).
zsh: exit 3 bzr co
bzr+ssh://sistpoty@bazaar.launchpad.net/~revu-hackers/revu/trunk/

P.S. using bzr on a gutsy system right now.

Cheers,
Stefan.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:03 AM
"Martin Pool"

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Stefan Potyra
<stefan.potyra@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> yep, having problems with revu (trunk).
>
> bzr co bzr+ssh://sistpoty@bazaar.launchpad.net/~revu-hackers/revu/trunk/

OK, thanks for reporting it. I think the Launchpad Code team can fix
this on the server.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 PM
"Jonathan Lange"

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Stefan Potyra
> <stefan.potyra@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
>
>> yep, having problems with revu (trunk).
>>
>> bzr co bzr+ssh://sistpoty@bazaar.launchpad.net/~revu-hackers/revu/trunk/
>
> OK, thanks for reporting it. I think the Launchpad Code team can fix
> this on the server.

Yes we can!

This morning at around 0:00 UTC, we ran a script to fix up the
branches that were affected by this outage. Please let me know if you
experience any more problems with your branches -- asking a question
on Launchpad Bazaar Answers[1] is probably the best way to do so.

cheers,
jml

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad-bazaar