Old 05-17-2008, 02:42 PM
gord

Default personal rss feeds?

Hi, I'm a fairly active contributor to the answer tracker (apparently
one of the top answer support tracker contributors i found out when
trying to find out if this existed already -_-) but one thing that i
find constantly annoying is that i have to manually follow up on the
tickets that i have answered to find out if the person still needs help
(in my case i do this by going to
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/~gordallott which lists my recent
answers )

what would be really very useful indeed would be an rss feed of my
support tickets that say lists the latest changes to the questions that
i have contributed to (say a question changes from answered to open),
that way i can keep on top of them with a simple feed reader. i know
rss/atom feeds exist for other parts of launchpad but i am fairly sure
non exist for this purpose. it would be a very useful feature for me at
least.

Does anyone know if this could possibly be implemented?
--
gord <gordallott@gmail.com>

Old 05-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Elliot Murphy

gord wrote:
> Hi, I'm a fairly active contributor to the answer tracker (apparently
> one of the top answer support tracker contributors i found out when
> trying to find out if this existed already -_-) but one thing that i
> find constantly annoying is that i have to manually follow up on the
> tickets that i have answered to find out if the person still needs help
> (in my case i do this by going to
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/~gordallott which lists my recent
> answers )
>
> what would be really very useful indeed would be an rss feed of my
> support tickets that say lists the latest changes to the questions that
> i have contributed to (say a question changes from answered to open),
> that way i can keep on top of them with a simple feed reader. i know
> rss/atom feeds exist for other parts of launchpad but i am fairly sure
> non exist for this purpose. it would be a very useful feature for me at
> least.
>
> Does anyone know if this could possibly be implemented?

We've got a design for this, but it's not scheduled to be worked on the
next 2 months at least, because we're working on completing some other
things first. The plan is to keep adding Atom feeds to various parts of
launchpad, so please keep these requests coming so we know which parts
need attention first.

I use the email interface to deal with answers quite a bit, if you
prefer an RSS feed you might be able to route answers emails into a
service like mailbucket as a workaround for now.

--
Elliot Murphy

Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 PM
"Todd Deshane"

> I use the email interface to deal with answers quite a bit, if you
> prefer an RSS feed you might be able to route answers emails into a
> service like mailbucket as a workaround for now.

Page2RSS might be another alternative
http://page2rss.com/

Cheers,
Todd

Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 PM
"Todd Deshane"

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:35 PM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando
<ubuntu@bugabundo.net> wrote:
> Olá Todd e a todos.
>
> On Monday 19 May 2008 20:01:28 Todd Deshane wrote:
>> Page2RSS might be another alternative
>> http://page2rss.com/
>
> And how you u login?

No need to login. Just put a link in the form and it will give you an RSS feed.

For example, when I put clarkson.edu it goes here:
http://page2rss.com/page?url=clarkson.edu/

and the RSS feeds on the side, for example:
http://page2rss.com/rss/da0252d160f3f32d2f560afac9e99c0b

Cheers,
Todd

Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
"Francis J. Lacoste"

On May 17, 2008, gord wrote:
> Hi, I'm a fairly active contributor to the answer tracker (apparently
> one of the top answer support tracker contributors i found out when
> trying to find out if this existed already -_-) but one thing that i
> find constantly annoying is that i have to manually follow up on the
> tickets that i have answered to find out if the person still needs help
> (in my case i do this by going to
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/~gordallott which lists my recent
> answers )
>
> what would be really very useful indeed would be an rss feed of my
> support tickets that say lists the latest changes to the questions that
> i have contributed to (say a question changes from answered to open),
> that way i can keep on top of them with a simple feed reader. i know
> rss/atom feeds exist for other parts of launchpad but i am fairly sure
> non exist for this purpose. it would be a very useful feature for me at
> least.
>
> Does anyone know if this could possibly be implemented?

How the 'Questions needing your attentation' report doesn't help you?
(https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/people/+me/+needattentionquestions) Of
course, you still need to load a page (it's not pushed to you), but that
should be way better than having to monitor each of the individual question
pages.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@canonical.com