Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Usability - SIG, Spin, Echo icons

Martin Sourada wrote:

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 23:40 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
[1] http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/

Thanks for the link,

to have some material to talk about, I've taken some of the newer Echo
icons (all the 'category' icons [1] are done that way, and more or less
finished) and run through the filters. I don't see any big issues with
them, what do you think? I attach the original, plus the processed
images, that are sadly saved in jpeg which does not give the best
results...

Those aren't the original echo icons of that size, I had done those
originally and they were put into a straight-on perspective (a must at
that size) and modified to align to the pixel grid. So I guess the icons
I did must have been replaced.

These icons look like sized-down versions of the much larger ones. And
they're not easy to look at; look at the games one, there is some weird
aliasing going on there. They look muddy, not crisp (except for the
add/remove software one but that one is not an echo icon)

~m