-   -   Launchpad in Twitter and identi.ca (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/209987-launchpad-twitter-identi-ca.html)

"Matthew Revell" 12-11-2008 11:21 AM

Launchpad in Twitter and identi.ca

Howdy,

I'm now posting Launchpad news and status updates to Twitter and identi.ca:

http://twitter.com/launchpad_net

and

http://identi.ca/launchpad

It's an experiment right now so please don't rely on it for downtime
notification, terms of use changes, etc. For those go to:

http://news.launchpad.net/category/notifications

or

I'm interested to know what sort of thing you'd find interesting from
Launchpad in Twitter and identi.ca

Cheers :)

--
Matthew Revell - Launchpad.net - free software collaboration and project hosting

"Jacob Peddicord" 12-11-2008 03:30 PM

Launchpad in Twitter and identi.ca

What I think would really be useful would be not just posting to Identi.ca, but rather running a laconica server (or some Launchpad-based OMB implementation) to have a subscriber feed for each project they could post to or feed announcements to. Sounds far-fetched, but it would be pretty cool.

Though in the short term with these current feeds, I think maybe announcements of downtime, new features on edge, testing reports, etc would work just fine.
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net

jpeddicord@ubuntu.com
jacob@fosswire.com

Chris Szikszoy 12-11-2008 09:27 PM

Launchpad in Twitter and identi.ca

This is a really great idea.* I would also like to see something like this for the* projects that I work on and track in Launchpad.

-Chris Szikszoy

http://blog.chris.szikszoy.com

chris@szikszoy.com

shirish 01-05-2009 08:30 PM

Launchpad in Twitter and identi.ca

+1 on the idea here too.
Shirish Agarwal
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17