Old 11-29-2008, 04:04 PM
"Thomas Delbeke"

Default dpkg-reconfigure jaunty

Hi there people,

unfortunately still no luck with the gpg-key.

Can you guys give me an alternative on where to post the following?

Failures of dpkg-reconfigure in Jaunty:

Setup:

thomas@thomas-laptop:~$ sudo su

[sudo] password for thomas:
root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas# dpkg-reconfigure -p low debconf
Configuring debconf
-------------------

Packages that use debconf for configuration share a common look and feel. You

can select the type of user interface they use.

The dialog frontend is a full-screen, character based interface, while the
readline frontend uses a more traditional plain text interface, and both the
gnome and kde frontends are modern X interfaces, fitting the respective desktops

(but may be used in any X environment). The editor frontend lets you configure
things using your favorite text editor. The noninteractive frontend never asks
you any questions.

* 1. Dialog* 2. Readline* 3. Gnome* 4. Kde* 5. Editor* 6. Noninteractive

Interface to use: 2

Debconf prioritizes the questions it asks you. Pick the lowest priority of
question you want to see:
* - 'critical' only prompts you if the system might break.
*** Pick it if you are a newbie, or in a hurry.

* - 'high' is for rather important questions
* - 'medium' is for normal questions
* - 'low' is for control freaks who want to see everything

Note that no matter what level you pick here, you will be able to see every

question if you reconfigure a package with dpkg-reconfigure.

* 1. critical* 2. high* 3. medium* 4. low

Ignore questions with a priority less than: 4

root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas#

Errors:

dpkg-reconfigure -au is halted at the following packages:

scanlogd
gsm-utils
gsm-tools
chillispot

Unknown package:

Unknown media type in type 'fonts/package'

Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'

gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
Caching application data...
Generating mime/codec maps...
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.

(gconftool-2:28563): GConf-CRITICAL **: Failed to load file "/var/lib/gconf/defaults/%gconf-tree-mai.xml": Error on line 1637 char 71: Element 'entry' was closed, but the currently open element is 'local_schema'

(gconftool-2:28578): GConf-WARNING **: Failed to write "/var/lib/gconf/defaults/%gconf-tree.xml": Failed to move temporary file "/var/lib/gconf/defaults/%gconf-tree.xml.new" to final location "/var/lib/gconf/defaults/%gconf-tree.xml": No such file or directory

Error syncing configuration data: Failed to write some configuration data to disk
root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas# apt-get remove gconftool
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree******
Reading state information... Done

E: Couldn't find package gconftool
root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas# apt-get remove gconf-tool
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree******
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package gconf-tool

root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas# apt-get remove gconf
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree******
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package gconf
root@thomas-laptop:/home/thomas#

Thanks,

Thomas

Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 AM
"Thomas Delbeke"

Hi there,

sorry for previous post.

I think this 'bug' was caused because I seem to have done: $ gnome-terminal and then sudo su (in new terminal) and then dpkg-reconfigure. I then closed the first terminal or su'd it, I do not recall.

Also I ran attach <PID> and not <PID> -au obviously..

Please ignore this post.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 AM
"Thomas Delbeke"

Sorry,

this is actually a bug. This seems to trigger it:

[...]

Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'

WARNING: Failed to parse default value `??????????? ?????? ;gtk-theme-selector.desktop,???????????? ??????????? ???;default-applications.desktop,??????????? ????;gnome-cups-manager.desktop]' for schema (/schemas/apps/control-center/cc_actions_list)

Unknown media type in type 'all/all'

Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'

[...]

Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Bruce Cowan

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 03:03 +0000, Thomas Delbeke wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> this is actually a bug. This seems to trigger it:
>
> [...]
>
> Unknown media type in type 'interface/x-winamp-skin'
>
> WARNING: Failed to parse default value
> `??????????? ?????? ;gtk-theme-selector.desktop,???????????? ??????????? ???;default-applications.desktop,??????????? ????;gnome-cups-manager.desktop]' for schema (/schemas/apps/control-center/cc_actions_list)
> Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
>
> Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
>
> [...]

This is not a Ubuntu support list, please send mail to the proper
support lists.
--
Bruce Cowan <bcowan@fastmail.co.uk>