-   -   Launchpad terms of use update (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/198942-launchpad-terms-use-update.html)

"Matthew Revell" 11-24-2008 03:24 PM

Launchpad terms of use update

Hello,

Translations submitted in Launchpad are now BSD licensed

We have changed the "Translations copyright" section of the
Launchpad terms of use. Now we require that all translations
submitted in Launchpad are licensed under the BSD licence.

You can find out more on our help page here:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LicensingFAQ

The new terms of use text
--------------------------

The new text of the "Translations copyright" section of the
Launchpad terms of use is:

All translations imported from sources external to Launchpad
are owned by the translator that created them. In general,
these translations are licensed under the same terms as the
software for which they are a translation.

All translations in Launchpad are the work of the translator
that created them. These translations are made available to
Canonical and in turn to you under the BSD license (revised,
without advertising clause). We require this so that other
projects can use these translations as sources for their own
translations, without suffering licensing incompatibilities.

You can read the full Launchpad terms of use here:

https://help.launchpad.net/TermsofUse

--
Matthew Revell - Launchpad.net - free software collaboration and project hosting