FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Launchpad User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 PM
"Milo Casagrande"
 
Default Renaming of a team

Hello,

I created a new team [1] for the Launchpad Translators [2] group.

I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:

launchpad-l10n-it

(naming a group in that way is blocked)

Thank you.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-it
[2] https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>



--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
"Tony Koker"
 
Default Renaming of a team

** Other projects I've worked on used i18n, since there are 18 letters between the first i and the final n in internationalization.
HAGO tony K



On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name> wrote:

Hello,



I created a new team [1] for the Launchpad Translators [2] group.



I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:



launchpad-l10n-it



(naming a group in that way is blocked)



Thank you.



[1] https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-it

[2] https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/



--

Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>







--

launchpad-users mailing list

launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users



--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
"Milo Casagrande"
 
Default Renaming of a team

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: Renaming of a team
> From: "Tony Koker" <TonyKoker@bigfoot.com>
> Date: Mon, November 24, 2008 4:25 pm
>
> Other projects I've worked on used i18n, since there are 18 letters
> between the first i and the final n in internationalization.

Indeed, but in our case i18n is more general than l10n (or L10n).

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>


--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 PM
 
Default Renaming of a team

Milo Casagrande schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I created a new team [1] for the Launchpad Translators [2] group.
>
> I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:
>
> launchpad-l10n-it
>
> (naming a group in that way is blocked)
>
Hi Milo,
all admin requests must be filed in answers to make sure the person
asking is actually in charge of the group. Please repeat your request
there, it will then eventually be handled by the Launchpad admins.

https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/

Cheers,
Henning

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
 
Default Renaming of a team

henning@ubuntu.com schrieb:
> Hi Milo,
> all admin requests must be filed in answers to make sure the person
> asking is actually in charge of the group. Please repeat your request
> there, it will then eventually be handled by the Launchpad admins.
>
Uh oh, please forget the word "group" in this context, they are
something different. I meant "team" or even "team/project" for the
broader meaning.

Henning


--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 PM
"Milo Casagrande"
 
Default Renaming of a team

Hi Henning,

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: Renaming of a team
> From: henning@ubuntu.com
> Date: Mon, November 24, 2008 5:25 pm
> Hi Milo,
> all admin requests must be filed in answers to make sure the person
> asking is actually in charge of the group. Please repeat your request
> there, it will then eventually be handled by the Launchpad admins.
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/

Done!

Thank you!

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>


--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Danilo Šegan
 
Default Renaming of a team

Hi Milo, Adi,

I'll let Adi add this team as the one in charge Italian translations in
Launchpad Translators group.

Adi, to get more practice with your responsibility now , please go to

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/

and use "Appoint translation team or supervisor" to set Milo's
"lp-l10n-it" team as the translation team for Italian (renaming the team
later won't be a problem, Launchpad is smart about it .

In general, our procedure should be to first make sure the team owner is
a responsible and current translator for a language, but with Milo,
that's easy

У пон, 24. 11 2008. у 08:17 -0700, Milo Casagrande пише:

> I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:
>
> launchpad-l10n-it

We might want to reconsider this and make the actual policy to be to
create a team named "lp-l10n-xx" because that doesn't require us to
change anything in Launchpad.

Anyway, I was going to prepare a few "policy proposals" to discuss in
UDS, and these might be some of them.

Cheers,
Danilo



--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 AM
"Milo Casagrande"
 
Default Renaming of a team

Hi Danilo,

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: Renaming of a team
> From: Danilo *egan <danilo@canonical.com>
> Date: Tue, November 25, 2008 12:41 pm
>
> I'll let Adi add this team as the one in charge Italian translations in
> Launchpad Translators group.

thank you!

> У пон, 24. 11 2008. у 08:17 -0700, Milo Casagrande пише:
>
> > I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:
> >
> > launchpad-l10n-it
>
> We might want to reconsider this and make the actual policy to be to
> create a team named "lp-l10n-xx" because that doesn't require us to
> change anything in Launchpad.
>
> Anyway, I was going to prepare a few "policy proposals" to discuss in
> UDS, and these might be some of them.

OK, probably is better if I ask to "suspend" the renaming process. I've
opened an "answer" on LP... I'll write a comment and ask to hold it
until after UDS discussion.

Cheers.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>


--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org