-   -   Renaming of a team (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/198889-renaming-team.html)

"Milo Casagrande" 11-24-2008 02:17 PM

Renaming of a team

Hello,

I created a new team [1] for the Launchpad Translators [2] group.

I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:

launchpad-l10n-it

(naming a group in that way is blocked)

Thank you.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-it
[2] https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>

"Milo Casagrande" 11-24-2008 02:50 PM

Renaming of a team

Indeed, but in our case i18n is more general than l10n (or L10n).

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>

11-24-2008 03:25 PM

Renaming of a team

Milo Casagrande schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I created a new team [1] for the Launchpad Translators [2] group.
>
> I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:
>
> launchpad-l10n-it
>
> (naming a group in that way is blocked)

Hi Milo,
all admin requests must be filed in answers to make sure the person
asking is actually in charge of the group. Please repeat your request
there, it will then eventually be handled by the Launchpad admins.

https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/

Cheers,
Henning

11-24-2008 03:28 PM

Renaming of a team

henning@ubuntu.com schrieb:
> Hi Milo,
> all admin requests must be filed in answers to make sure the person
> asking is actually in charge of the group. Please repeat your request
> there, it will then eventually be handled by the Launchpad admins.

Uh oh, please forget the word "group" in this context, they are
something different. I meant "team" or even "team/project" for the
broader meaning.

Henning

"Milo Casagrande" 11-24-2008 03:33 PM

Renaming of a team

Hi Henning,

Done! ;)

Thank you!

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>

Danilo Šegan 11-25-2008 10:41 AM

Renaming of a team

Hi Milo, Adi,

I'll let Adi add this team as the one in charge Italian translations in
Launchpad Translators group.

Adi, to get more practice with your responsibility now :), please go to

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/

and use "Appoint translation team or supervisor" to set Milo's
"lp-l10n-it" team as the translation team for Italian (renaming the team
later won't be a problem, Launchpad is smart about it :).

In general, our procedure should be to first make sure the team owner is
a responsible and current translator for a language, but with Milo,
that's easy :)

У пон, 24. 11 2008. у 08:17 -0700, Milo Casagrande пише:

> I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:
>
> launchpad-l10n-it

We might want to reconsider this and make the actual policy to be to
create a team named "lp-l10n-xx" because that doesn't require us to
change anything in Launchpad.

Anyway, I was going to prepare a few "policy proposals" to discuss in
UDS, and these might be some of them.

Cheers,
Danilo

"Milo Casagrande" 11-25-2008 11:51 AM

Renaming of a team

Hi Danilo,

thank you!

> У пон, 24. 11 2008. у 08:17 -0700, Milo Casagrande пише:
>
> > I would like to ask if it's possible to rename it in:
> >
> > launchpad-l10n-it
>
> We might want to reconsider this and make the actual policy to be to
> create a team named "lp-l10n-xx" because that doesn't require us to
> change anything in Launchpad.
>
> Anyway, I was going to prepare a few "policy proposals" to discuss in
> UDS, and these might be some of them.

OK, probably is better if I ask to "suspend" the renaming process. I've
opened an "answer" on LP... I'll write a comment and ask to hold it
until after UDS discussion.

Cheers.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@casagrande.name>