Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 PM
"Lucas Deters"

Default translation memory server development

Hello,

*My name is Lucas Augusto Deters. I am a graduate in Information Systems at the Federal University of Santa Catarina. As completion of course work, I am developing a translation memory server that I want to make available under the GPL license.

*The inspiration for the development of this server arose from the use of the tool Rosetta, from the portal Launchpad. and for this reason I would like to count on your collaboration to get some data of use of the tool Rosetta, which will be used for comparison with the developed tool.

I will appreciate if someone can quite answer the following questions:

*1) What is the average of usários simultaneous connected?

*2) What is the average of consultations to simultaneous translation memories?

*3) What is the peak of concurrent users connected?

*4) What is the peak of consultations to simultaneous translation memories?

*5) What is the current infrastructure used to meet the demands for translation memories?

*I am grateful for your cooperation, and I apologize for my bad English.

*Regards,

--
Lucas Augusto Deters

Old 11-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Jeroen Vermeulen

Lucas Deters wrote:

> The inspiration for the development of this server arose from the use
> of the tool Rosetta, from the portal Launchpad. and for this reason I
> would like to count on your collaboration to get some data of use of the
> tool Rosetta, which will be used for comparison with the developed tool.

I'm afraid we can't help you much with these questions! For example, in
a stateless protocol like http/https the number of simultaneously
connected users may not mean much. We also don't have a lot of time to
dig around for these numbers. :/

Jeroen