Old 11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
eMerzh

Default SQLiteman rejected for PPA

Hi,

I've build previously a bad version of sqliteman and i had uploaded it
to my ppa.
When i discover that the package was not build for the good ubuntu
version i just deleted it with launchpad.
And now when i want to reupload my correct version of the package PPA
reject again and again ....
how could I reupload the good version of my package?

Thanks a lot for the help...

A noob

Brice Maron (emerzh)
https://launchpad.net/~emerzh/+archive

Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
"Celso Providelo"

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:32 PM, eMerzh <merzhin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've build previously a bad version of sqliteman and i had uploaded it
> to my ppa.
> When i discover that the package was not build for the good ubuntu
> version i just deleted it with launchpad.
> And now when i want to reupload my correct version of the package PPA
> reject again and again ....
> how could I reupload the good version of my package?
>
> Thanks a lot for the help...
>
> A noob

Uploading a *higher* version of the source, the versions are
black-listed in PPAs

[]
--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@canonical.com>
IRC: cprov, Jabber: cprov@jabber.org, Skype: cprovidelo

Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Julian Edwards

On Thursday 13 November 2008 21:01:34 (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> Olá Celso e a todos.
>
> On Thursday 13 November 2008 10:46:37 Celso Providelo wrote:
> > Uploading a *higher* version of the source, the versions are black-listed
> > in PPAs
>
> This keeps happening to (every?) new user on PPA...
> How can we improve that??

I'm inclined to include a link to here in the error message:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA#Deleting%20packages

> A warning telling the user that that version is now blacklisted?
> Check download/hit stats and allow reupload the same version if not used?

Although download stats are on the list of things for us to do, unfortunately
doing so is non-trivial. For now, it's far easier for people to just bump the
version number on their package, and it needs to be more obvious to novice
packagers why they need to do that.

Regards.