-   -   Conduit and SynCE launchpad projects (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/1911-conduit-synce-launchpad-projects.html)

"John Carr" 11-21-2007 06:23 AM

Conduit and SynCE launchpad projects

> Hi Francis
>
> Cool, that makes sense. My user id is jc2k. Thanks for your response!

Christian Reis (aka kiko) usually takes care of the red tape associated with
project reassignment. He's away for the moment, but he should be able to take
care of this once he comes back.

Can the conduit and synce teams that I set up be made the owner of the conduit and synce projects?

> On a side note, how long does it normally take to get beta approval
> (so I can set up Conduit/SynCE PPA's)? I get quite a lot of users
> needing help with their WM5 devices (4 at once last night, and 3 were

> gutsy users) and it would be so much easier for them if I could talk
> them through adding a repository and doing an apt-get install instead
> of compiling about 10 different packages!

The beta team application usually goes pretty fast, but again, Mattew Revell

who handles the beta applications is also off-duty this week. I've contacted
Joey Stanford who will proceed with your application.
Thanks Joey, really speedy response :-)

Since PPAs are tied to a person or team, the fact that you don't have admin
access to the conduit and synce projects shouldn't be a problem. You should
be able to proceed to set up a PPA containing the packages for these

projects.
I got a synce team running and after a few false starts i had packages building. Very snazzy. Thank you very much! It's already been very helpful supporting SynCE/Ubuntu users :-)

John

Christian Robottom Reis 11-27-2007 12:45 PM

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 10:41:55AM -0500, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

> > > Launchpad policy is to encourage any user to register existing projects.
> > > The reason for this is that there are other useful reasons to have a
> > > project registered in Launchpad, even if the project isn't officially
> > > using it (linking bugs, code imports and branch managements are the most
> > > common ones). But when the real project owner comes around and want to
> > > use Launchpad, we usually turn the project over to them.

Very well, I have reassigned Conduit to jc2k. I'm looking at SynCE now;
it was registered by

https://edge.launchpad.net/~marceloshima

who is an active Ubuntu member, but I'm not sure he wants to maintain
the information. Are you an upstream developer for these projects, or
alternatively, would you like to volunteer to keep the information up to
date?

I see you also inquired about PPAs; note that PPAs are independent of
upstreams, and that you can register your own PPA (or create a team PPA)
and use that without any administrative relationship with the projects.

> The beta team application usually goes pretty fast, but again, Mattew Revell
> who handles the beta applications is also off-duty this week. I've contacted
> Joey Stanford who will proceed with your application.

PPAs are no longer exclusive to beta members, but let me know if your
request is still pending.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125

"John Carr" 11-27-2007 12:52 PM

****
https://edge.launchpad.net/~marceloshima

who is an active Ubuntu member, but I'm not sure he wants to maintain
the information. Are you an upstream developer for these projects, or
alternatively, would you like to volunteer to keep the information up to

date?
I'm one of the main developers for Conduit, and am an active upstream dev for synce (to be made a "project admin" i am told).

I see you also inquired about PPAs; note that PPAs are independent of
upstreams, and that you can register your own PPA (or create a team PPA)
and use that without any administrative relationship with the projects.

Thanks, this wasn't clear at first but one of the people I was helping to install SynCE in IRC pointed it out - i was then able to set these packages up:

https://launchpad.net/~synce/+archive

This has proven most useful and i'm going to be setting up synce-devel for development snapshots. I understand this is acceptable use?

> The beta team application usually goes pretty fast, but again, Mattew Revell
> who handles the beta applications is also off-duty this week. I've contacted
> Joey Stanford who will proceed with your application.

PPAs are no longer exclusive to beta members, but let me know if your
request is still pending.
Joey sorted out my request on the same day as my original e-mail, but thanks.

John

Christian Robottom Reis 11-27-2007 01:05 PM

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 01:52:54PM +0000, John Carr wrote:
> > Very well, I have reassigned Conduit to jc2k. I'm looking at SynCE now;
> > it was registered by
> >
> > https://edge.launchpad.net/~marceloshima
> >
> > who is an active Ubuntu member, but I'm not sure he wants to maintain
> > the information. Are you an upstream developer for these projects, or
> > alternatively, would you like to volunteer to keep the information up to
> > date?
>

> I'm one of the main developers for Conduit, and am an active upstream dev
> for synce (to be made a "project admin" i am told).

Verrrry well, I've reassigned https://edge.launchpad.net/synce/ to you.
Thanks for following up so promptly (I would have before, but I was on
vacation and you know how that goes..)

> Thanks, this wasn't clear at first but one of the people I was helping to
> install SynCE in IRC pointed it out - i was then able to set these packages
> up:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~synce/+archive
>
> This has proven most useful and i'm going to be setting up synce-devel for
> development snapshots. I understand this is acceptable use?

Certainly. Thanks a lot for doing this! Are you looking to get these
into Ubuntu proper?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125

"John Carr" 11-27-2007 02:15 PM

Conduit and SynCE launchpad projects

> Thanks, this wasn't clear at first but one of the people I was helping to

> install SynCE in IRC pointed it out - i was then able to set these packages
> up:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~synce/+archive
>
> This has proven most useful and i'm going to be setting up synce-devel for

> development snapshots. I understand this is acceptable use?

Certainly. Thanks a lot for doing this! Are you looking to get these
into Ubuntu proper?

Hopefully, but as my synce packages are just variations of the debian packages that one of the project admins made this would probably be via a debian sync... He will be looking to get these into Debian proper after our
0.11 release most likely. We also have some integration issues to resolve as part of the "ubuntu sync spec" before I consider actively promoting anything for inclusion.

John