Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Launchpad User (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/)
-   -   Review dashboard (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/188642-review-dashboard.html)

"Jonathan Lange" 11-06-2008 09:51 AM

Review dashboard
 
Hello,

It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.

I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
- the reviews I *must* do
- the reviews I *can* do
- the reviews I'm waiting for.
- code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
anything about.

These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
switching mental context between projects is expensive.

I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.

jml

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

"Graham Binns" 11-06-2008 10:11 AM

Review dashboard
 
2008/11/6 Jonathan Lange <jml@canonical.com>:
> Hello,
>
> It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
>
> I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
> - the reviews I *must* do
> - the reviews I *can* do
> - the reviews I'm waiting for.
> - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
> anything about.
>
> These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
> grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
> work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
> switching mental context between projects is expensive.
>
> I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
> having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.

In addition I'd like to see the bugs that I have In Progress and the
branches that they're linked to. It'd also be cool if we could do
something iGoogleish, so that you could have different widgets on a
per project basis (you could use the bug search, for example, to
construct a list of bugs for a given project and then put that in a
widget so that you can see what your to-do list is. Perhaps this could
track bugs assigned to you in the current milestone for $project).

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: 4DAD18FA

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

Martin Albisetti 11-06-2008 12:13 PM

Review dashboard
 
Jonathan Lange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
>
> I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
> - the reviews I *must* do

These would be the ones that where explicitly requested for your review?


> - the reviews I *can* do

This may get quite big, as it's any that you have permissions on the target branch, or belong to a team that has been
requested to review it.


> - the reviews I'm waiting for.

With any pending reviews? As in, if there are 2 reviews requested, and just 1 got filled in?


> - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
> anything about.

All requested reviews done?


> These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
> grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
> work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
> switching mental context between projects is expensive.

+1


> I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
> having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.

+1 billion

--
Martin

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

"Jonathan Lange" 11-06-2008 12:26 PM

Review dashboard
 
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Martin Albisetti
<martin.albisetti@canonical.com> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
>>
>> I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
>> - the reviews I *must* do
>
> These would be the ones that where explicitly requested for your review?
>

Yes.

>> - the reviews I *can* do
>
> This may get quite big, as it's any that you have permissions on the target
> branch, or belong to a team that has been requested to review it.
>

Sure, but bundlebuggy manages to do it for a relatively active project.

>> - the reviews I'm waiting for.
>
> With any pending reviews? As in, if there are 2 reviews requested, and just
> 1 got filled in?
>

Yes.

In story-mode:

As an upstream developer,
I want to see the branches that I've submitted for review that haven't
been reviewed yet
so that I can hassle the people who are supposed to review it.

>> - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
>> anything about.
>
> All requested reviews done?
>

Good question. There are two sub-categories that are interesting here:

- Branches I can merge now.
- Branches that I need to fix in some way.

But yes, requested reviews that are done.

The emphasis here is Launchpad making it easier for me to get stuff
done and harder to let things slip.

>> These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
>> grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
>> work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
>> switching mental context between projects is expensive.
>
> +1
>

Glad we agree.

>
>> I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
>> having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.
>
> +1 billion
>

Is that +1 billion to "let's do a review dashboard first" or +1
billion to "global dashboard"?

jml

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

Martin Albisetti 11-06-2008 12:31 PM

Review dashboard
 
Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>> - the reviews I *can* do
>> This may get quite big, as it's any that you have permissions on the target
>> branch, or belong to a team that has been requested to review it.
>>
>
> Sure, but bundlebuggy manages to do it for a relatively active project.

Yes, but it cheats since it doesn't show you multiple projects.
Anyway, it can very well be worked around.


> Is that +1 billion to "let's do a review dashboard first" or +1
> billion to "global dashboard"?

I think that doing one for code is a good experience to have, and, as long as we build it with the idea of a global
dashboard in the near future, it's well-invested time IMHO. We just have to make sure that the code is easily re-usable
in a different context.

--
Martin

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

Curtis Hovey 11-06-2008 01:09 PM

Review dashboard
 
On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:11 +0000, Graham Binns wrote:
> 2008/11/6 Jonathan Lange <jml@canonical.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
> >
> > I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
> > - the reviews I *must* do
> > - the reviews I *can* do
> > - the reviews I'm waiting for.
> > - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
> > anything about.
> >
> > These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
> > grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
> > work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
> > switching mental context between projects is expensive.
> >
> > I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
> > having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.
>
> In addition I'd like to see the bugs that I have In Progress and the
> branches that they're linked to. It'd also be cool if we could do
> something iGoogleish, so that you could have different widgets on a
> per project basis (you could use the bug search, for example, to
> construct a list of bugs for a given project and then put that in a
> widget so that you can see what your to-do list is. Perhaps this could
> track bugs assigned to you in the current milestone for $project).

I think the same is true for specs and questions. But where to do put a
cross-application view? on the profile I suppose. The "Working on ..."
section on the profile page hints at this activity, but for the
perspective of another user.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/
--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

11-06-2008 03:01 PM

Review dashboard
 
Could you tell me what I should do? Why so many letters come to my emails?


在2008-11-06,"Curtis Hovey" <curtis.hovey@canonical.com> 写道:
On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:11 +0000, Graham Binns wrote:
> 2008/11/6 Jonathan Lange <jml@canonical.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
> >
> > I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
> > - the reviews I *must* do
> > - the reviews I *can* do
> > - the reviews I'm waiting for.
> > - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
> > anything about.
> >
> > These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
> > grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
> > work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
> > switching mental context between projects is expensive.
> >
> > I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
> > having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.
>
> In addition I'd like to see the bugs that I have In Progress and the
> branches that they're linked to. It'd also be cool if we could do
> something iGoogleish, so that you could have different widgets on a
> per project basis (you could use the bug search, for example, to
> construct a list of bugs for a given project and then put that in a
> widget so that you can see what your to-do list is. Perhaps this could
> track bugs assigned to you in the current milestone for $project).

I think the same is true for specs and questions. But where to do put a
cross-application view? on the profile I suppose. The "Working on ..."
section on the profile page hints at this activity, but for the
perspective of another user.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/





[广告] 金秋最关注楼盘-房不胜房--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

"Martin Pool" 11-07-2008 01:04 AM

Review dashboard
 
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml@canonical.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's becoming increasingly important for me to have a review dashboard.
>
> I need to be able to have a single page that shows me:
> - the reviews I *must* do
> - the reviews I *can* do
> - the reviews I'm waiting for.
> - code of mine that has recently been reviewed that I've yet to do
> anything about.
>
> These need to be separate lists. They also need to be filtered /
> grouped / sorted by project, since some of the time I'm being paid to
> work on a particular project to the exclusion of others, and since
> switching mental context between projects is expensive.

I think that would be great; it's one of the best parts of Bundle Buggy.

I'd put display of the merge diffs a bit ahead of this though.

I think the "what do i do next" workflow is potentially very powerful
to adopt across Launchpad, but perhaps it's better to try it out for
just code reviews first and then see what can be applied globally.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

Matthew Paul Thomas 11-07-2008 08:07 AM

Review dashboard
 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Curtis Hovey wrote on 06/11/08 14:09:
>
> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:11 +0000, Graham Binns wrote:
>>
>> 2008/11/6 Jonathan Lange <jml@canonical.com>:
>...
>>> I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
>>> having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.
>>
>> In addition I'd like to see the bugs that I have In Progress and the
>> branches that they're linked to.
>...
> I think the same is true for specs and questions. But where to do put a
> cross-application view? on the profile I suppose.
>...

I wanted to do this for 2.0, but didn't have enough developer hours. :-)
I intended that the dashboard URL would be <https://launchpad.net/>.

Cheers
- --
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkkUBWMACgkQ6PUxNfU6ecpeJQCcD7oaqe2tDc mTJIjl/RzdAPFL
eSwAn1kCwyHX5/aQ+e++Nr0K/PAGrap+
=PJ7m
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

"Tom Berger" 11-07-2008 08:26 AM

Review dashboard
 
2008/11/7 Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@canonical.com>:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Curtis Hovey wrote on 06/11/08 14:09:
>>
>> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:11 +0000, Graham Binns wrote:
>>>
>>> 2008/11/6 Jonathan Lange <jml@canonical.com>:
>>...
>>>> I realise that a more global "dashboard" might be useful, but just
>>>> having this would make Launchpad vastly more useful for me.
>>>
>>> In addition I'd like to see the bugs that I have In Progress and the
>>> branches that they're linked to.
>>...
>> I think the same is true for specs and questions. But where to do put a
>> cross-application view? on the profile I suppose.
>>...
>
> I wanted to do this for 2.0, but didn't have enough developer hours. :-)
> I intended that the dashboard URL would be <https://launchpad.net/>.

Imagine that:

* ~intellectronica has poked you with a branch [poke back]

Tom

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.