Old 10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
"Andrew Betts"

Default PPA rejection message: Section "libs" not allowed in jaunty

Hi,

I can't find an answer to this question online.
I'm trying to upload a source package to PPA with dput and I get an
email response saying:
Section "libs" not allowed in jaunty

Is it that I don't have permission to use this section, has it been
renamed, or is something else wrong.

Thanks.

--
Andrew Betts

Old 11-03-2008, 08:04 AM
"Caroline Ford"

2008/10/30 Andrew Betts <andrew.betts@jasp.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I can't find an answer to this question online.
> I'm trying to upload a source package to PPA with dput and I get an
> email response saying:
> Section "libs" not allowed in jaunty
>
> Is it that I don't have permission to use this section, has it been
> renamed, or is something else wrong.

Are any sections allowed in jaunty yet?

Caroline

Old 11-03-2008, 12:36 PM
"Andrew Betts"

I've changed by distribution to intrepid and all is well. I thought
that "libs" was the problem.

--
Andrew Betts

Old 11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
"Celso Providelo"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Andrew Betts <andrew.betts@jasp.com> wrote:
> I've changed by distribution to intrepid and all is well. I thought
> that "libs" was the problem.

Andrew,

Both, intrepid and jaunty allow section 'libs'.

It's very likely you have uploaded your source before jaunty was
properly initialized (it only happened Friday afternoon UTC).

If you have a chance, please, upload a new source with the right
section, it will be okay.

[]
--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@canonical.com>
IRC: cprov, Jabber: cprov@jabber.org, Skype: cprovidelo

Old 11-03-2008, 07:07 PM
"Andrew Betts"

2008/11/3 Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@gmail.com>:
> If you have a chance, please, upload a new source with the right
> section, it will be okay.

Thanks.

I've just uploaded and I get the same error message that Elliot Murphy
just described:

Rejected:
Cannot build any of the architectures requested: any

--
Andrew Betts