Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 AM
"Ian jonhson"

Default Have any commands in libvirt to run a domain

Hi all,

Are there any commands in console to start/suspend/resume/stop a domain?
Is it possible to start a domain as following command:

-network <network bandwith> -template <windows>

If not, can I build this command with existing libvirt API?

Thanks,

Ian

Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 19:19 +0800, Ian jonhson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there any commands in console to start/suspend/resume/stop a domain?
> Is it possible to start a domain as following command:

> -network <network bandwith> -template <windows>
>
> If not, can I build this command with existing libvirt API?

Do you mean like:
virsh -c qemu:///system start machine1

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
"Ian jonhson"

Thank you for your answer.

What I mean is:

-network <network bandwith> -template <windows>

This kind of command is to run a VM with given resource quota and template.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 18:57 +0800, Ian jonhson wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> What I mean is:

> -network <network bandwith> -template <windows>
>
> This kind of command is to run a VM with given resource quota and template.

Well, I don't think this is relevant to Launchpad, so I don't know why
you're asking here instead of on ubuntu-users, but as far as I know, you
have to create the VM, then run it.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo