FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Launchpad User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Guilherme Salgado
 
Default Contacting Launchpad Users

Hi Jochen,

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please excuse if my question is kind of silly. I don't have that much
> experience in working on Launchpad. My question is:
>
> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
> address published in their profile?

Unfortunately, that's not currently possible. We are working on that,
though, and soon you'll be able to do it. Here's the bug report where
we're tracking progress on that: https://launchpad.net/bugs/66105

Cheers,

>
> We've seen that a couple ofg people made really great translation
> suggestions and we would ask them to collaborate closer with us or even
> join our team, but at the moment I don't know how because most of them
> didn't publish an e-mail address.
>
> Thanks, Jochen
--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@canonical.com>
--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Curtis Hovey
 
Default Contacting Launchpad Users

Hi Jochen.

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please excuse if my question is kind of silly. I don't have that much
> experience in working on Launchpad. My question is:
>
> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
> address published in their profile?

This is Launchpad bug #66105. We are working on this issue now. We
expect to have the "Contact users with hidden email addresses" feature
available for testing on edge.launchpad.net in a few weeks.


--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/
--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 09-29-2008, 04:07 PM
"Matthew East"
 
Default Contacting Launchpad Users

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Curtis Hovey
<curtis.hovey@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
>> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
>> address published in their profile?
>
> This is Launchpad bug #66105. We are working on this issue now. We
> expect to have the "Contact users with hidden email addresses" feature
> available for testing on edge.launchpad.net in a few weeks.

I've been following that bug with interest. But here, the original
poster has asked about a slightly different situation: where a person
is making translation suggestions but hasn't yet applied for
membership to a particular team.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 
Old 09-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Curtis Hovey
 
Default Contacting Launchpad Users

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 17:07 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Curtis Hovey
> <curtis.hovey@canonical.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
> >> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
> >> address published in their profile?
> >
> > This is Launchpad bug #66105. We are working on this issue now. We
> > expect to have the "Contact users with hidden email addresses" feature
> > available for testing on edge.launchpad.net in a few weeks.
>
> I've been following that bug with interest. But here, the original
> poster has asked about a slightly different situation: where a person
> is making translation suggestions but hasn't yet applied for
> membership to a particular team.

We are building a generic solution. This is a single use case that
illustrates the need for a mechanism for Launchpad users to contact each
other while honoring user privacy.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/
--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org