-   -   Contacting Launchpad Users (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/168034-contacting-launchpad-users.html)

Guilherme Salgado 09-29-2008 01:31 PM

Contacting Launchpad Users

Hi Jochen,

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please excuse if my question is kind of silly. I don't have that much
> experience in working on Launchpad. My question is:
>
> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
> address published in their profile?

Unfortunately, that's not currently possible. We are working on that,
though, and soon you'll be able to do it. Here's the bug report where
we're tracking progress on that: https://launchpad.net/bugs/66105

Cheers,

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@canonical.com>

Curtis Hovey 09-29-2008 02:27 PM

Contacting Launchpad Users

Hi Jochen.

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please excuse if my question is kind of silly. I don't have that much
> experience in working on Launchpad. My question is:
>
> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
> address published in their profile?

This is Launchpad bug #66105. We are working on this issue now. We
expect to have the "Contact users with hidden email addresses" feature
available for testing on edge.launchpad.net in a few weeks.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/

"Matthew East" 09-29-2008 04:07 PM

Contacting Launchpad Users

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Curtis Hovey
<curtis.hovey@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
>> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
>> address published in their profile?
>
> This is Launchpad bug #66105. We are working on this issue now. We
> expect to have the "Contact users with hidden email addresses" feature
> available for testing on edge.launchpad.net in a few weeks.

I've been following that bug with interest. But here, the original
poster has asked about a slightly different situation: where a person
is making translation suggestions but hasn't yet applied for
membership to a particular team.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org

Curtis Hovey 09-29-2008 04:13 PM

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 17:07 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Curtis Hovey
> <curtis.hovey@canonical.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 01:01 +0200, Jochen Skulj wrote:
> >> Is there a way to contact Launchpad users who don't have an e-mail
> >> address published in their profile?
> >
> > This is Launchpad bug #66105. We are working on this issue now. We
> > expect to have the "Contact users with hidden email addresses" feature
> > available for testing on edge.launchpad.net in a few weeks.
>
> I've been following that bug with interest. But here, the original
> poster has asked about a slightly different situation: where a person
> is making translation suggestions but hasn't yet applied for
> membership to a particular team.

We are building a generic solution. This is a single use case that
illustrates the need for a mechanism for Launchpad users to contact each
other while honoring user privacy.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/