Old 12-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Caleb Marcus

Default How do I upload a binary package?

So, I was able to successfully upload a source package by running dpkg-buildpackage with the -S option. However, when I ran it with -b to generate a binary package, I got the "Upload is binaryful, but policy refuses binaryful uploads" error. If it won't accept binary packages, how can I get a binary package uploaded to my ppa? It may help to know that it's pure Python, using distutils and cdbs.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
"Onkar Shinde"

On Dec 10, 2007 12:49 PM, Caleb Marcus <caleb.marcus@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I was able to successfully upload a source package by running
> dpkg-buildpackage with the -S option. However, when I ran it with -b to
> generate a binary package, I got the "Upload is binaryful, but policy
> refuses binaryful uploads" error. If it won't accept binary packages, how
> can I get a binary package uploaded to my ppa? It may help to know that it's
> pure Python, using distutils and cdbs.

You need to create the source package with '-S -sa' arguments. When
you upload the source package, binary packages for various
architectures get built on server.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Sarah Hobbs

Caleb Marcus wrote:
> If it won't accept binary packages,
> how can I get a binary package uploaded to my ppa? It may help to know
> that it's pure Python, using distutils and cdbs.

I suspect a better question is "Why do you *want* to upload a binary
package to your PPA?"

Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Caleb Marcus

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 02:06 +1100, Sarah Hobbs wrote:

Caleb Marcus wrote:
> If it won't accept binary packages,
> how can I get a binary package uploaded to my ppa? It may help to know
> that it's pure Python, using distutils and cdbs.

I suspect a better question is "Why do you *want* to upload a binary
package to your PPA?"

I just didn't understand at the time that PPA would build it for me